Tuesday, May 17

:: Walking Around In The Fire ::






Cannie scored big points with my pretty lady mermaid vase! He owes our friend Jeff big for telling him to check my blog before mother's day!

The beautiful flowers next to her are from my Auburn Chi O and KD friends. Thank you ladies, for loving on me in this way. It is such a nice reminder with each gorgeous delivery that you are remembering and loving Olivia right along with me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.









He's down, but he's certainly not out! Even with a wounded foot, our Peeshie Baby worked hard helping us load the trailer for the Pepper Place Market on Saturday. Take a look at that smirk! He saw me posting this picture and said, "Mommy, I can't believe I lifted that heavy thing!"








Thanks to all of you who stopped by our tent. I hope you love your purchases! We did great sales-wise and are looking forward to another fun market day this Saturday. Stop by and see us if you didn't get a chance this weekend. We'll be getting in more inventory this week...bird houses, planters, footstools for the adirondack chairs, etc.




Last night as I was doing my nightly devotion, I read these words regarding Daniel 3:25 - Walking around in the fire:

"When Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were thrown into the furnace, the fire did not stop them from moving, for they were seen "walking around." Actually, the fire was one of the streets they traveled to their destination. The comfort we have from Christ's revealed truth is not that it teaches us freedom from sorrow but that it teaches us freedom through sorrow. O dear God, when darkness overshadows me, teach me that I am merely traveling through a tunnel. It will then be enough for me to know that someday it will be all right."

Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego were unbound and unharmed as they were walking around in the furnace, even though they had been bound as they were thrown in and the fire was so hot that it killed their guards. That is amazing stuff, but what truely amazes me the most in this biblical story is what they said to King Nebuchadnezzar as he threatened to kill them if they didn't bow down to his golden idol. They said, "17 If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, and he will deliver us[a] from Your Majesty’s hand. 18 But even if he does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.”

They were willing to suffer an excruciating death and were okay with letting God be in control of their destinies, even if that meant that He didn't intervene. This strikes home with me for obvious reasons because in our circumstance, He chose not to intervene. That is a hard pill to swallow, but the miracle is that somewhere in the midst of loosing Olivia, maybe even because of Olivia, I have learned to trust Him with my circumstances more than I ever thought possible. You see, I have learned that there is nothing that can happen to us that God can't handle. I've also learned that the more I proclaim His faithfulness to me, the more "under attack" I feel we are. But I am learning to trust and rest in Him more day-by-day with my circumstances and am amazed at how far I've come. I have a peace that defies all human logic. I KNOW where Olivia is and that we will be with her one day. THAT is the freedom my devotional book was talking about. Nothing in this life can compare.

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

No comments:

Post a Comment