Tuesday, January 3

:: Trust ::

We rang in the New Year with dinner at our neighborhood restaurant, Stone's Throw, with Pop G, Nana P and Parrish, then met up with some friends. I am glad to have the year 2011 in my rear view mirror. It was full of challenges and also full of growth, but I am looking toward the new year with hope for "seeing good in the land of the living."

Several events over the past week have caused me to pause and make the decision to trust God, even when it looked like things weren't going to work out the way I had hoped. This doesn't come naturally, but God has used the events of the last few years to teach me to lean on him. To trust him, even when I am well-aware that He's not always going to work it out the way I had hoped and planned. In a lot of ways, that knowledge makes it even harder to trust. But, I found that when I prayed not just for what I wanted, but for the strength to trust God, His plan, and perfect timing, no matter the outcome, I was much more at peace. Don't get me wrong-I've been clinging to the leg of his throne, asking for specific prayers to be answered, but I've also been blessed by not just asking for what I want, but asking for his Spirit to control my heart and mind, even when I feel like hope is lost.

I pray that each of you get to know Jesus in new and meaningful ways this year!

"Trust God from the bottom of your heart, don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track. Don't assume you know it all." Proverbs 3:5-6 (The Message)


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. You look beautiful!! So good seeing you the other day! Continuing to pray for you and your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete