Thursday, January 12

:: To Parrish On Your 5th ::

Dear Sweet "P",

It is hard to believe you are turning 5 years old today. We are so thankful that God blessed us with you those years ago. Since you joined our family we have had many highs and some lows. I can attribute lots of the highs to you and your sweet and spunky spirit. Starting my day with one of your "tree frog hugs" never fails to put a smile on my face. You are never stingy with your snuggles! And seeing that look of mischief on your face when you're up to no good I can't help but laugh. That twinkle in your eye you get from your Daddy. And that dimple - you get away with a lot when you flash that thing!

Your favorite things are your new beyblades, Power Rangers, your Do-It-Yourself Wood Kit, and your Easy Roller. For your birthday this year you asked for a Beyblade battle stadium. When I went to buy one I couldn't believe that you were already asking for a "big boy" toy. It seems like yesterday we were picking out big wooden puzzles and a pull-along puppy as your birthday toys. Your favorite activities are projects - over the past year we've made bouncy balls, spin art, salt dough ornaments, you name it. If it's messy and creative, you love it! You're taking tae-kwon-do and plan to play tee-ball in the spring. You LOVE to be outside and to go to the hunting camp with Daddy.

I know the past year and a half since Sissy went to heaven has been hard on you, but I want you to know that you were our reason for getting out of bed in the morning and reinvesting in life. I'm so thankful you are our little boy. You are now unfortunately wise beyond your years. I wish you did not have to be, but in many ways I think this has made heaven and Jesus even more real to you. Just the other day out of the blue you said, "Mommy? I can't wait to meet Jesus in heaven and see what he looks like. And see Livia and the pretty streets of gold." You take my breath away with your simple faith and it is an inspiration to me. You are always asking if we'll wear clothes in heaven and if it ever gets dark there. I answer that I don't think it gets dark because we'll have Jesus - the light of the world. As for clothes, I doubt we'll have to worry about those either. Sweetie, I wish I had all the answers...the truth is I don't and never will this side of heaven. What I do know is that you are such a blessing. Mommy, Daddy and Livy love you very, very much....more than the sun, moon, stars and all the peanut butter in the world.

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment