Wednesday, April 27

:: Spring=Asparagus ::


I was just putting away the recipes I used for Easter brunch and decided that one of them was worth posting for my super-busy, super-fabulous friends/mommies/wives/sisters/workers/chefs/shoppers....(you get the idea). I know everyone is pressed for time and need quick, yummy options for dinner and sides and this one was so good and easy I wanted to pass along. I get in a rut preparing veggies the same way every time and like to change it up, so I decided I'd try to find a recipe for asparagus with almonds and stumbled across this one on allrecipes.com:



Asparagus with Sliced Almonds & Parm

Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 pound asparagus, bottoms trimmed
  • 1/3 cup sliced almonds
  • 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese (fresh grated works best)

Directions

  1. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the asparagus, and cook, stirring, about 3 minutes. Stir in almonds and parmesan, and cook until the cheese is slightly browned, about 3 to 5 minutes.

You've just got to love a recipe with only 1 step listed under directions-especially on days like today when your kids get out of school early!! Hope everyone faired ok in the storm early this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment